IGNACIO DÁVILA GOLMAYO
Matute, Ignacio Dávila, Ferrol 1977, lived almost his entire life in Madrid where he studied Fine Arts at the Complutense University of Madrid, as well as Printmaking and Applied Arts to the Wall. He began as a printmaker and continued with urban landscape painting, figure and portrait.
As a printmaker, he received numerous awards and mentions, including the National Prize for Young Printmakers from the National Calcography in 2005, to the most recent one in 2018 in which he received the Honorable Mention for his work “El público” at the XXIV National Engraving Awards organized by the Museum of Contemporary Spanish Engraving in Marbella. He has works in various museums including the Museum of Contemporary Art of the Community of Madrid or the National Library.
Regarding his urban landscapes, they are mostly from Madrid where he resided until 2013, the year in which he changed his residence to the town of San Roque in Cadiz, and it is at that moment when he changes the urban landscape for landscapes of the Campo de Gibraltar, Tarifa, Los Alcornocales, the marine landscapes, the beaches and the Port of Sotogrande; a reflection of that new environment in which he resumed his life. At the same time, he created an Art Academy where he teaches painting, drawing and printmaking, “El taller de Matute”, located in the town of Sotogrande in Cadiz.
Carmen Álvarez Morales
- Born on June 14th, 1977 in Ferrol, La Coruña.
- Currently residing in the province of Cádiz.
- He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts from the Complutense University of Madrid.
- He is a Superior Technician in Engraving and Printmaking from the School of Art nº 10 of the Community of Madrid.
- He was granted a scholarship by the National Engraving Workshop to study Japanese printmaking at the Pilar and Joan Miró Foundation in Mallorca.
- He has also studied Applied Arts to Mural Painting at the School of Art “La Palma” in Madrid.